The Masonic Temple, also known as the Village Tower, is a three-story brick building which began construction in 1919. It was built as the meeting hall for the Cocoa Mason Chapter that was founded in 1890 and counted nearly all local business leaders among it's members. The lower floor contained the Bank of Cocoa and the US Post Office. Its second floor contained offices and the third floor was where the Masons met. When this impressive building was completed it was the centerpiece of downtown Cocoa. The building included intricate brick work and two balconies on the second floor overlooking Brevard avenue. There was also a large, three faced, clock located at the front of the building. This clock was positioned so that the people could view the clock from both directions on Brevard avenue as well as from Harrison street. Back in the days when everyone could not afford a watch, this clock was very useful to the citizens of Cocoa. This building also was rumored to have housed a very popular "speakeasy" during the days of Prohibition.
Masonic Temple Building
~Courtesy of Central Brevard Mosquito Beaters "Memory Books" -- Photos courtesy of State Archives of Florida, Florida Memory, http://floridamemory.com/items/show/1858, Stephen Olausen