S.F. Travis & Company (300 Delannoy Ave)

This brick building was completed in 1909 and became the home of the Travis family businesses; they opened their first in Cocoa in 1885. The structure originally housed businesses owned by three Travis brothers; hardware and furniture on one side and dry goods and clothing on the other. There have been several additions and renovations to the building over the years, including installing the large windows at the sidewalk for displaying merchandise. Four generations of the Travis family have owned and operated the business, which is currently run by the original owner’s great-grandson. It has never had air conditioning.