The church welcomes all visitors to come inside (provided there is not a sermon in process) to see the beautiful interior of the original church, built in 1886. Take a close look at the original stained glass windows. They are dedicated to the early founders of the church, who lived in the late 1800's. The pews are replicas of the original ones and most of the woodwork throughout the church is also original.
Toward the west end of the church is a community hall that was added in 1942. It was built in memory of Emma Cecilia Thursby. Thursby was a popular opera singer in America and Europe in the late 1800s and a professor of music at the Institute of Musical Art, now the Juilliard School, in the early 1900s. Thursby spent her winters in Cocoa accompanied by her sister.
Stepping outside, you can see the original church bell, named "Michael" after St. Michael the Archangel. The bell was cast in New York in 1888. Members of the original congregation would arrive by boat and moore them along the Indian River bank. Others would walk from their homes along River Road.