The two-story Hindle Building was built in 1907 in the same style as the Travis building on the other side of the street. The staircase to the second floor originally was located inside the entrance but was moved to the north end of the building sometime in the 1920’s. The floors were concrete instead of wood planks, which was a relatively new concept in construction at the time. The first business there was Hindle Ice Cream Parlor, a soda shop and a restaurant. In 1926, Liggett’s Drugs purchased the building and operated a pharmacy in this location until the 1960’s. It has also been the home to several restaurants in subsequent years.