Sure Le Parc building
The oldest commercial wooden structure in Historic Cocoa Village is the Sur Le Parc Building, which means “on the Park” in French. Built in the 1880s by dressmaker Julia Roberts, who is known to have been a very good businesswoman. While she lived on the second floor of the building, she leased out the first floor to many of Cocoa’s early businesses including one of it’s first banks. She eventually opened her own business selling clothing, which may have been the first clothing store in town. She also began a dress making training shop, where local girls were taught the skill of making their own clothing. This building survived numerous hurricanes and a devastating fire which destroyed nearly every other building on Delannoy Avenue. The present owner saved this building from destruction by moving and refurbishing it at its new location. Today it can be visited on Florida Avenue. It is the light blue building west of Cocoa City Hall.
~Courtesy of Central Brevard Mosquito Beaters “Memory Books” — Photos courtesy of State Archives of Florida, Florida Memory, http://floridamemory.com/items/show/1846/1847, Stephen Olausen